Thursday, October 27, 2011

In and Out

Nine months in:



Nine months out:



It was cold, snowy and dark then (at four in the morning on January 27); it's cold, snowy and dark now. But that's about the only thing that's the same! Dot is growing so fast. Sometimes I just want to shrink-wrap her and keep her this size forever, but I guess half the fun is the in seeing her learn and grow and change.

This month Dot's learned how to wave and clap and (kind of) give kisses. She learned how to pull herself up to standing in her crib this morning and then cried with sheer, genuine terror because she didn't know how to get down again. She spontaneously plays peekaboo if you hand her a blanket, and she has the most delicious giggle.

Her favorite toy right now is probably a hairbrush (though she'd rather have my cellphone, if I'd let her play with it) and sometimes she'll even try to brush my hair with it. Her favorite place to be when she's awake is either in her stroller on a walk or under the bed/table/chairs. I made a tunnel for her out of daiper boxes and she has a good time crawling through it.

We'll go to the doctor's next week for the official stats, but my guess is that she's still tall for her age -- she's wearing 12 month clothes for the most part -- with just enough chub to have fantastically pinchable cheeks.

And she makes me feel like this:

1 comment:

Madsen Family said...

Oh, she is just darling. I love that age. And though I am trying to live in the moment, I secretly would be happy to have a 9 month old versus a newborn. Wow, newborns are a lot of work and the sleep deprivation. Oh, the sleep deprivation! Those baby Dot cheeks sure ARE pinchable...