Saturday, June 11, 2011

Toes! And a terrible pun!

Just the other day I stumbled across the blog of one of my favorite authors, Shannon Hale, online. She wrote this poem that made me smile -- and I'll just link it rather than copy it over rather than risk anybody thinking I wrote it. (Plus, the rest of her blog is pretty good reading, too.)

My Feet
A poem by Magnolia Jane Hale, age 4 months
Translated by the mother




(This picture is blurry because it's the ONLY ONE I could get of her actually looking like she's enjoying playing with her toes. She won't smile or play for the camera anymore -- she immediately stops what she's doing to stare at it. We have dozens of pictures of her "camera face" and only a precious few of her charming, active, giggly self.)

The only thing she loves more than her toes is when we're changing her clothes or doing laundry by her and she can grab a fistful of fabric and stuff it in her mouth. The other day while she was nomming away at a shirt, I told Ben, "It's like cotton candy for her!" A-ha-ha-ha, COTTON candy, get it???

(Yay puns.)

1 comment:

Tyler & Rose-Ellen said...

Cutie. She's getting roly-poly. I want to pinch those chubby thighs! Also, is it July so I can see you yet?