Friday, March 18, 2011

Seven Sleepy Weeks



I love watching this baby sleep.



And I love watching this baby when she's waking up.



Dot is a champion sleeper for her age. She recently gave us two nights IN A ROW of sleeping from 9:00 until 3:00. I was in heaven. It was, unfortunately, not a new habit, as she has had a couple rough nights since then. But still, it's a step in the right direction. And even on her bad nights, she'll get in at least two three-hour blocks of sleep, which is enough for me to get by on. So I am very grateful for that.

During the day she doesn't so much nap as just doze on and off all day, especially if she's being held. Because she falls asleep so easily she almost always falls asleep while nursing, whether she's full or not or even really tired or not. So she has a lot of 15 minute naps in the middle of eating. I'll feed her on one side, burp her and then, because she is completely dead to the world, put her down in her bassinet. In 15 minutes, she wakes up, realizes that she's still hungry, and screams until I come get her. Then she'll take the other side and fall asleep again while being burped.

I know that newborns tend to be sleepy, but this girl goes above and beyond the call of duty. I think she got that from my side of the family.

1 comment:

Grandma & Pop-pop said...

She's so cute. What a snugglebug!

Love,

Grandma