Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Dreams

I've been having the strangest dreams lately -- wierder than I did when I was pregnant. I think a big part of the reason for it is just that I wake up a couple times a night, and so I'm more likely to remember the crazy dreams I already have anyway.

So here are some of the dreams that I've remembered:

*I dreamed that I went to the OB-GYN for a follow-up visit and they discovered that I was pregnant again, with a boy. They even had baby pictures of him to show me, somehow. I flipped out, trying to figure out how it was even possible. I was very, very concerned that the due date would be in December, making for two babies in one calendar year.

*I dreamed that instead of just Dot, I had Dot and two other babies at the same time. I worried that the two dream babies would know that I loved Dot more than I loved them, because I did. I was also very, very frazzled (because, you know, three babies). Dream-Ben came home and announced that he had signed adoption papers for MORE babies, and dream-me FLIPPED OUT at him. He quickly back-pedaled and said he was just teasing me, it was just a joke, and then there was more shouting from me about how I was not in a position to even THINK that was funny.

*I dreamed that I was on vacation with some friends who had a toddler. The toddler wanted to nurse, but the mom didn't have any milk because they'd already weaned. I said, "Oh, that's OK, I'll nurse her." So then I was nursing this toddler who wasn't mine and she started walking around with the nipple still in her mouth and my skin stretched and stretched and stretched (like gumby) to accomodate this wandering toddler.

I know I had one or two more funny/remarkable ones that I remembered long enough to tell Ben, but neither of us can remember them now. I also have a recurring dream where I nurse Dot lying down in bed and then fall asleep next to her. When I wake up, I have a little panic attack of wondering where my baby is and looking for her under the blankets and pillows before I think to check the bassinet, where she always is.

1 comment:

Grandma & Pop-pop said...

Well, you probably do feel like Gumby from time to time :) Funny dreams.
Wish you were here to help with Kahnd's wedding. I'm getting tired. I'm ready for it to be over and we've just really started.

Pretty good help from the ward. They are supposed to show up for FHE here tonight, but I'm not too optimistic. I thought G.Conf. would have inspired them all to pitch in.

Love you,

Mom